Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A recipe to try!

My mom and step-dad went on vacation this June for their anniversary and while they were there they had what my mom said was the best chocolate cake ever! Of course she brought back the recipe for me to make since I got the baking genes out of the two of us! I haven't tried it yet, but here it is for any of you who may be brave enough to go before me!

Chocolate Zucchini Cake
2 1/2 cups sifted flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup margarine
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini
3/4 cup nuts, chopped
1/4 cup coco
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup cooking oil
2 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
1- 6oz package of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Combine in sifter flour, salt, coco, soda, and set aside. Cream butter, sugar, and oil until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, add vanilla. Add dry ingredients and buttermilk alternately. Beat well. Stir in zucchini. Pour into greased 9x13x2 pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts. Bake for 55 mins at 350 degrees or until a tooth pick comes out clean.

Veggies in your cake? Hey it has chocolate in it so it can't be too bad right? Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment